A first generation Cuban-American, Mr. Garcia was born and raised in Miami, Florida.
After graduating from Miami Palmetto Senior High, he left to attend Florida State
University and returned in 2009 to attend the University of Miami School of Law where
he served as an executive board member on law review and tried cases in criminal
Mr. Garcia began his legal career at a premier litigation firm handling complex
insurance coverage, legal malpractice and commercial litigation matters. He later
transitioned to a national insurance defense firm where he litigated hundreds of
lawsuits arising out of denied or underpaid property insurance claims, employment
and labor disputes and professional negligence in state and federal court.
The disadvantages faced by individuals who had been wronged by an insurance
company, employer or trusted-professional motivated Mr. Garcia to found a firm
devoted to the causes of these individuals. He offers his specialized knowledge and
experience to policyholders, employees, and legal malpractice plaintiffs. He provides
his clients with zealous, but thoughtful representation to obtain the best possible result
while minimizing unintended consequences.
- - Successfully defended condominium association on counterclaim alleging
slander of title and fraudulent foreclosure scheme after full-day arbitration trial.
- - Obtained dismissal of lawsuit on morning of trial of property insurance
underpayment claim after Court granted Motion to exclude the opposition’s
expert witness on causation and damages.
- - Obtained dismissal with prejudice of professional negligence claim against
surveyor in federal court
- - Obtained dismissals of multiple lawsuits as sanctions.
- - Obtained dismissal with prejudice of 16 count counterclaim against
Condominium Association and Directors, which was affirmed on appeal.
- - Obtained final judgment on behalf of pension plan administrator in federal court
to recover plan overpayments
- - Obtain dismissal with prejudice of petition for administrative review of
discrimination determination before the Florida Department of Administrative
- - Represented food retailer in lawsuit in federal court against the United States
government and obtained requested relief within months of filing suit.
- - Obtain dismissal with prejudice of derivative action brought by former Board
President alleging Breach of Fiduciary Duty against homeowners’ association
University of Miami School of Law, 2012, J.D.
- - International and Comparative Law Review, Executive Board
Florida State University, 2009, B.A. in History